Canva is a free graphic design tool that can be used for both personal and professional use. It's great for people who want to create graphics for social media websites (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest), blog posts, presentations, resume and more. No designing skill is needed to use Canva.
Thus, this tool is a great option for beginners who are just starting out with graphic design. It offers a wide range of templates and easy to use drag-and-drop editor that make it easy for users to create a variety of different graphics.
Content marketers, bloggers and authors can use Canva to create eBooks. Canva offers lots of professionally built templates (both free and paid) for eBooks.
In this article, you'll learn how to create an eBook in Canva for Free using its free templates. It is one of the best eBook creator tool if you want to make an eBook for free from scratch.
Let's get started.
How to Create an eBook in Canva
To create an eBook in Canva you'll first need to create an account. Canva is a freemium tool which means it offers both free as well as paid plans for its user.
Sign up for the free account at Canva using this link - Canva Free Plan. You can sign using your email address or your account at Google, Facebook or Apple.
After creating an account at Canva, you need to follow the steps mentioned below to make your eBook for free.
When you log in to your Canva account, you can see a search bar at the top with the heading - What will you design?.
Since we're trying to create eBook in this tutorial, you need to enter the term "ebook" in the search bar and press ENTER.
In the below screenshot, you can see that I have entered the term - ebook, in the search bar and on pressing the Enter button, Canva displayed all the templates (both free and paid) available in its library.
When you hover mouse over any of the template, you can notice the following options:
- You can check whether the eBook template is free or paid. On mouse hover, you can see that the paid template is marked as Paid. If the template is not marked as Paid or Pro, it means the template is free to use.
- On mouse hover over the template, you can see three dot at the top. On click, it will display two options - 1. Customize this template and 2. Preview this template.
- You can also check whether the eBook template has single page or multiple pages. You can definitely add more pages inside the Canva editor so it doesn't matter whether you choose the template with single page or multiple pages.
On selecting the option - Preview this template, you can preview it on the large screen.
If you choose the option - Customize this template, you can start editing the template in Canva editor. Please remember that all the template are 100% customizable which means you can change or edit each elements of the template.
To conclude Step 1, you need to select a template of your choice and move on to Step 2.
As mentioned above, to start editing the template, you need to choose the option - Customize this template.
When you choose the above option, Canva will open the template in its editor where you can make changes to your template.
Please see the screenshot given below to understand the interface of Canva editor.
In the above image, you can see that on the left side of the editor, Canva offers the following option:
- Templates. If you're not happy with your current template, you can replace with another template here.
- Elements. If you want to add lines & shapes, graphics, stickers, photos, charts, or tables, click on the element and drag it inside your template.
- Uploads. You can add your own images or graphics using the Upload option. To add any graphics from your computer, click on Upload and select Upload Media. Now, you can select your images/graphics from your computer to upload in Canva.
- Text. To make your eBook more attractive and engaging, you can add different text styles in your eBook. Canva offers lots of free as well as paid pre-made text template. Paid text templates will cost you $1. You can hover the mouse over the text element to see whether it is marked Pro (paid) or Free.
- Styles. If you want to add pre-defined color sets to your eBook design, you choose color patterns to your eBook design. Canva offers lots of pre-designed sets of color and fonts. You can apply these Styles to only one page or on all the pages of your eBook.
- Background. You can select the Background option to add custom background to your eBook.
- More options. Under More option, you get the option to integrate with third-party websites like - Facebook, Pexels, Pixabay, Giphy, Google Drive and others.
Once you're done with the customization of your eBook, you can download your eBook to your computer.
You need to click the Share button at the top and again click on the Download option. From File type, select any one from the given options - PDF Standard (small file size, multiple pages)or PDF Print (high quality, multiple pages) from the File type.
Now click on the Download button to save the eBook on your computer.
Canva is an all-in-one free tool to create eBooks, infographics, blog banners, Pinterest pins, Instagram story, Facebook post, YouTube thumbnails and more.
I hope this article has helped you to learn how to create an eBook in Canva and that too for free.
Canva is very easy to use. Even if you have never use it, you'll be able to start designing graphics in no time. If you need help, you can also go through lots of useful tutorials and tips on the Canva site to help you get started. It is a great alternative to Photoshop, which can be very expensive and complicated to use.
I personally use Canva to create featured image, banners, eBooks and infographics for my websites. If you're also looking to create eBook for your blog or business, you must use Canva.
Get started with Canva today.
If you like this article, please share it with your friends. And if you want to share something, you can use the comment section below.